Friday, February 8, 2013

Temporary Moments ~

 
 
 
Distractions mean we are in the mode
of FAST & FURIOUS
 
"I don't have time for this"
 
our focus may have the wrong perspective
 
we are full speed ahead
and waiting is not in the picture

 
When our pace slows
as sand through an hour glass
there are less interruptions.
 
Our view of interruptions
shifts to "opportunities gained".
 
Questions?
 
What can I learn from this bump
in the road?
 
Lord, where are you taking me?
 
Maybe, distractions are
his way of slowing us
to gain a new perspective.
 
To seek His wisdom
to learn total dependence.
 
Heart-thrilling to Jesus
for us to cry out "I need you!"
 
Even more than once a day
 
Distractions  ~
His way of slowing our pace
and gaining access to you? 
 
 
It is an eternal perspective
that changes the way we live our
 temporary moments. ~Steven McAbee
 


10 comments:

Elizabeth Dianne said...

Love this--would love to spend some of those moments together!

Holding you fast in thought.

Love, D.

Sherri B. said...

Great post. Many times I have had to slow down and ask.."What do you want me to learn from this?" Then when I finally quiet down I can hear His voice.

Have a wonderful weekend. xo

Ruth Hiebert said...

Words to live by an learn from as we go.

S. Etole said...

Our perspective and attitude can make such a difference.

Beautiful photo.

Nancy said...

Hey sweet friend...I have missed you not posting for awhile but now that you have it was worth the wait....YOu have given us words of wisdom today....
I in teaching a Jonah study right now and the main theme is life interrupted...how do we handle it?
Hope your weekend is a good one...

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

That is where I am ....thanks for posting and letting the Lord speak to my heart!!!
Hugs

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
julianna said...

Mrs. Karen,
I am back in the blog world! I would love for you to come over to my new blog site and check out my new blog!
Love ya,
Julianna

julianna said...

Also, don't forget to grab my button! I grabbed yours :)

Sandy said...

SO good to see you back, Karen. This post is a blessing.